threadsy opens to the public!
SAN FRANCISCO, May 4, 2010 — threadsy (
), the world’s first truly integrated communication experience, launched a public beta version of its service today. It’s free for anyone to use and works without any downloads right in a web browser.
threadsy pulls together your email, Facebook, Twitter, chat, and the broader social web into a simple, enjoyable experience. More than simply aggregating information, threadsy integrates the services to provide better organization of messages and deep context on the people you communicate with.
Built from the ground up for today’s evolved communication mix
“Online communication is changing quickly. It’s becoming more public, social, and powerful, but it’s also becoming a fragmented mess,” said Rob Goldman, CEO of threadsy. “The average 23-year-old now has 6 different accounts to check every day.” Email used to dominate online communication; now it’s just a piece of a much larger tapestry including social networks, instant messaging, mobile devices, and rich content sharing. Just in the past year, online communication has seen profound changes.
“Facebook usage increased by 5 times, US smartphone penetration grew 50%, Google released its own Buzz social info sharing product, and now Twitter’s gaining 300,000 users a day,” said Goldman. “threadsy anticipated this explosion of communication channels and was designed to make managing them simpler and more enjoyable.”
See all your messages in one place
threadsy lets anyone combine all of their existing email, Facebook, Twitter, and chat accounts in one place. For email, threadsy supports Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, MobileMe, AOL Mail, and IMAP accounts. threadsy is a full-featured email client with support for folders, archiving, drafts, and custom email signatures.
For chat, threadsy supports Google Talk, Facebook Chat, AIM, Yahoo, MSN, Myspace, and others through integration with Meebo. threadsy uses the recommended secure access methods from Google, Facebook, and Twitter and industry-standard encryption for other services.
Never miss must-read stuff again
threadsy groups all of your messages into 2 buckets: everything directly to you from email, Facebook, and Twitter in one column and your Facebook News Feed and Twitter stream in another. This organization insures important messages directed to you don’t slip through the cracks.
Focus on the people
Deep integration with Facebook and Twitter
threadsy lets you fully interact with Facebook and Twitter. Post updates to either service or both at the same time. Comment on, like, love, and dislike Facebook updates. Follow/unfollow people in Twitter. Search Twitter for interesting tweets. See photos and watch videos. All directly in threadsy.
What’s new since our private beta launch
Since a successful private beta launch at the Techcrunch 50 startup competition 7 months ago, threadsy has rolled out a steady stream of major enhancements based on feedback from thousands of private beta users. Here are the highlights; you can read more about them on the threadsy blog:
- add Facebook comments & likes from threadsy
- quick archive for Gmail messages
- Facebook wallposts in your Inbound
- follow/unfollow Twitter users directly in threadsy
- small message view, stars, and unread filter
- support for most IMAP email accounts
- support for Twitter’s recommended access protocol OAuth
- support for AIM, Facebook Chat, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, and others
- support for Apple’s MobileMe email accounts
- Twitter search and saved searches
- auto-link shortening
- love or dislike Facebook posts
- archive any of your threadsy Inbound messages from any service!
- huge speed increases and simplified navigation
- support for email folders/labels
- email drafts
- cross-account and cross-network tweet sharing (support for both old and new retweet styles)
- custom social email signatures
- support for Gmail’s secure authentication method OAuth (removes need to give threadsy Gmail password)
- new today: wider Streams view with much bigger photos & videos, cleaner layout & typography for improved readability, watch Vimeo videos in threadsy, and a bulk archive action that works with any service
Sign up now
Time to pull yourself together! Just go to threadsy.com to sign up now.
Request for feedback
threadsy appreciates your feedback and uses it to improve the product on a daily basis. Please leave your thoughts in the threadsy feedback forum.
) is the world’s first truly integrated communication experience. It pulls together your email, Facebook, Twitter, chat, and the broader social web into a simpler, enjoyable experience. More than simply aggregating information, threadsy integrates the services to provide better organization of messages and deep context on the people you communicate with. It’s free to use and works with your existing accounts right in your web browser. threadsy is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. For more info please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .