Fresh batch of over 40 changes
1. No more annoying auto-scroll of Streams
Previously, when new tweets and Facebook posts came in, the Streams column would move down automatically. This movement was annoying when trying to read or interact with updates in your stream. Now when new items come in, it won’t auto-scroll and you’ll see a bar at the top showing how many new updates are available:
Click anywhere on the bar to see the latest updates. Note that if you keep your Streams column scrolled to the top, the new updates will automatically load in the same way as before.
2. Float down your Stream all the way
3. Constant fetching of new messages
Previously, threadsy would frequently check for new messages only when you were actively using it. Now it checks frequently whenever you have it open in your browser. Keep threadsy open in a browser tab or window while you do other things and the threadsy ding sound will alert you of new messages in your Inbound.
4. Stats on links in Stream updates
At the end of every bit.ly link in tweets in your Stream, we’ve added a quick way to jump to bit.ly’s stats page for that link. Just click on the stats icon and that link’s stats will open in a new browser tab.
5. Faster-loading chat
The Meebo chat bar at the bottom of threadsy lets you use GTalk, Facebook Chat, AIM, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, and more all in one place. Meebo recently released a major update of the bar that improves performance and bolsters security (here’s a PDF with the details). With the updated chat bar, threadsy will start up and run faster and more reliably.
Plus over 30 minor enhancements & bug fixes (partial list)
- Support for SBC email addresses
- Performance improvement by batching up bitly calls
- New Hotmail contacts importer
- Show default profile pic in person profile when person has none
- Added prompt for user to re-auth Facebook on error
- Moved Facebook email notifications ‘[name] posted something on your Wall’ to Archived folder
- Added timeout to IMAP authentication
- Changed Yahoo Mail icon in message list to purple one
- Removed scrollbar inside compose/reply
- Fixed broken Like action on Inbound Facebook wallpost
- Fixed Facebook comments sometimes not visible for Inbound Facebook wallpost
- Fixed after a post, the ‘post’ button state didn’t update the next time try to post
- Fixed IE reply sometimes broke Inbound
- Facebook Like button now goes to proper fan page http://www.facebook.com/threadsy
- Fixed errors when Facebook is blocked
- Fixed new messages in folders/labels with existing messages not appearing
- Fixed restoring threadsy tab makes all messages stick in ‘loading’ in Chrome
- Fixed can’t edit/delete signature from a new email in IE
- Fixed Quick DM failure on UTF characters
- Fixed Twitter search with non-English characters
- Fixed cursor focus issues in social media box when RTing/pasting
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .